Sunday, September 5, 2010

Teacher's Day

First of all thanks to all of you on this teachers day for being such wonderful students.


I  was 23 when i joined  teaching.....not just as a means of living , but because I really felt attracted to the profession......It wasn't really a big deal giving up better salary package offers from companies, because I wanted to be in a profession that helped me grow everyday, stay in tune with the latest everyday and be young at heart.


There is a famous quote :


"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward


I hope that I can atleast be a teacher whom the students will fondly remember for being honest to the profession and trying to improve every passing day.I strongly believe that a teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.I hope I have succeeded in awakening and satisfying the natural curiosity of your young minds to explore and understand the world within and beyond textbooks.

Teaching helps me remain a learner for life.......and thank you once again for teaching me many things in your own way.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment